Welsh Icons - About Wales and all things Welsh - www.welshicons.org.uk

Monday 6 April 2009

Printing Photographs

For the past year or so I've been struggling with and elderly HP DeskJet printer to output my own digital photographs. Having been brought/dragged up in a household where we had a fully fitted professional darkroom I have always struggled with getting prints I'm really happy with.

The cost of ink cartridges is horrendous and the nightmares I've had getting refills is beyond belief.

Today I bit the bullet and went to see Davies Colour http://www.daviescolour.co.uk/ just down the road from me. A nice man (a very nice man) took pity on me and demonstrated how they worked. I had already downloaded their Color Profile from their website and applied it to two test shots.

My test prints will be ready at 2pm and I'm very much looking forward to seeing the results.

At just over a quid (plus VAT) for a 10" x 8" it seems to make sense.

Watch this space for more details

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic results from a couple of poor shots - It is like going back to Cibachrome

    ReplyDelete