Welsh Icons - About Wales and all things Welsh - www.welshicons.org.uk

Tuesday 7 April 2009

Still editing

Just taken a quick break and popped down to the corner shop.

The lad behind the counter asked me if I was working today. I replied that I was and I worked every day. His response was what about Saturdays and Sundays. Again, I responded that I also worked on Saturdays and Sundays. I then gave him an indication of how many hours a week I work, though I failed to mention the number of hours a week I put in actively seeking paid employment (as required by the DWP for me to get my Job Seekers Allowance).

If I was to get minimum wage for the time spent working on the website promoting Wales, all things Welsh and events in Wales I would be quite well off.

I cannot afford to eat in most of the places I list let alone stay a night in even some of the more modest B&Bs on the site let alone the hotels. Come to that, I cannot even afford to pitch a tent at one of the many campsites listed.

I sometimes wonder when everyone is planning their Easter activities why I bother when I can't even afford to leave the house this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment